Tips for Saving Energy
Many of us are always looking for a way to save money, whether that means figuring out replacement window cost and if that will work or making sure you have the best replacement window glass. Every penny counts as budgets are very tight. So what is an easy way to have more money in the budget? The easiest way is saving on your energy usage at home. You will be surprised how easy some of these suggestions are and you will be thrilled when you see the savings from these easy to follow steps.
Tips to Save on Air Conditioning Bills
1. Blocking the Sun: This is the simplest and easiest way to say money on air conditioning. The sun can heat up your home quickly. Reduce how hard your air conditioner has to work by keeping blinds and curtains closed in the summertime.
2. Changing Filters: Be sure to change your air conditioner filters once a year. This will keep your air conditioner functioning at full capacity without working as hard to keep your home cool.
Tips to Save on Heating Bills
1. Use the Sun: Just as we block sunlight in the summertime to keep the house cooler we use the sun in the wintertime to help raise the temperature in our homes. Remember to open your shades, blinds and curtains during the winter to keep you home warmer and your heating system from working so hard.
2. Keep your Floors Covered: If you have hardwood or tile floors you will want to add some type of rug during the winter months. Adding a carpet will help to keep the floors warmer and help the room to retain heat.
3. Call SIR Home Improvements for Kalamazoo replacement windows and this will also cut your heating bills greatly – they have great replacement windows reviews.
A Few More Great Ideas
1. Change Your Light Bulbs: Standard light bulbs use too much energy. Just switching to CFL bulbs will give you savings in your electric bill as these bulbs use less energy for the same amount of light.
2. Wrap Those Pipes: If you want to reduce energy costs when heating water be sure to wrap the first 6 feet of pipe leading from your water heater. This will help to reduce the amount of money used to keep the water hot.
These are just a few ideas to help reduce your energy use. You may already be using a few of these tips. None of these tips take a lot of time or money to implement. Try out these easy tips and enjoy your energy savings.
Another great source on Energy efficient windows can be found in Wikipedia